Saturday, January 10, 2015

Rare 2pac Interview! (Responds to Biggie's "Who Shot Ya", Alludes to Smashing Faith, EAST VS WEST, AND MORE!!!)


This is a rare classic from the The VIBE Q: Raw And Uncut book, just wondering if anyone has seen this before. My first time hearing about it was the other day. Has some pretty good info for those who have not read it before.

http://www.vibe.com/article/v-vintag...terviews-tupac

Excerpts:


And you have a single with Faith, I understand.

[laughter] Yeah, sure do.

What’s that called?

“Wonder Why They Call You Bitch?”

How did you hook up with Biggie’s wife, given all this stuff that’s going on?

We met in the club and bumped it. Me and Faith don’t have no problems.

What about the rumors about you and Faith spending time outside the studio?

You mean the rumor that I fucked her? Heh heh heh

Is there anything you wanna add? Cause this is getting real deep.

I wanna add that, man… I want niggas in New York to not feed into this shit.


What about niggas on the West Coast?

They not feedin’ in, they about their money and shit. I’m talking about the east coast. Cause I love a lot of niggas out there. I love a lot of people out there. I got a lot of support from New York when I was in jail. That’s really important to me that New York don’t think I’m trippin’ on you. This is just something that’s been in me for a long time. They just dissing us. I can’t take it no more. But I love all my fans, all the people that supported me and everybody that’s down for me. People like Freddie Foxx stayed down for me. And people like Latifah and Treach. And I heard that Smif-N-Wessun gave me some love on they album. I got nothing but love for them. But see people like Mobb Deep? Stupid “Thug Life we still living it.” That’s what gonna start this whole new… When you see this Outlaw Immortalz shit, that’s what started it. Biggie and them being in VIBE talking all that shit. Stretch… All them people. That’s what started all this.

This Outlaw Immortalz is off the hook, kid. Off the hook. There’s a song on there called “Hit em Up” that’s gonna be one of the most talked about… You remember like Ice Cube’s “No Vaseline”? “Hit em Up”’s gonna be like that. It’s coming out a couple months after my album. On my record label and Death Row.

What’s your label called?

Euthanasia Records.

Why that title?

I fell in love with that word. I feel like that’s me. I’m gonna die, I just wanna die without pain. I don’t wanna die, but if I gotta go I wanna go without pain.

Want me to tell you my verse to that? It go. Awww maaaaan…

[rapping a capella]

(LYRICS TO WHAT BECAME THE 1ST VERSION OF "HIT EM UP")



Niggas talk plenty shit

So many tricks

I fucked your bitch

Cause I’m true to this



Witness the heat

You talk bad about a nigga

When I get blasted

Hope you made a little money

While the fun lasted.



Heard they call you Big Poppa

Nigga, how you figure?

Cause to me you’ll always be

A phony fat nigga



I can’t be copied

You can wear the Versace

Nigga you runnin’ or what?

Scared as fuck

For the gun to bust



Now niggas duck

I got a list of player haters to fade

You bitch niggas getting blowed away…



You cross-eyed down syndrome crack baby

Now you and Puffy is toughies?

Now that’s crazy

I got your ass in my sights

Niggas dying tonight

We screaming “West side for life”



I can’t wait to see you niggas in traffic

Cause we gonna hit em up

When you see me you better bust

Nigga I hit em up



[to the melody of Junior M.A.F.I.A. “Players’ Anthem”]

Grab your Glocks when you see Tupac

Call the cops when you call Tupac

Who shot me but you punks didn’t finish

Now you about to feel the wrath of a menace

Nigga I hit em up

Don’t you think that’s gonna make it worse?


 LL and Pac both dated Kidada Jones. Rumors were they beefed it because of her. With LL making subliminal (in true new york fashion) disses such as "Who Shot Ya?", "Who Do U Love?" and "Phenomenon" 2pac was instructed by Quincy Jones himself to leave LL out of any diss songs. Pac still dissed LL on "Lil Homiez", "4 My Niggaz (He v.s. She), and "If They Love Their Kidz"

That’s hip hop. Niggas been talking shit all while I was in jail. “Who Shot Ya?” L.L. got a song “I Shot Ya.” Even if it ain’t about me, nigga, you should be like, I’m not putting it out cause he might think it’s about him.




So you think Biggie’s song “Who Shot Ya” was about you?

It came out too quick. It was just tasteless. So if he think “Hit Em Up” is about him, hey, whatever.

You mention their names in there. They didn’t mention your name in “Who Shot Ya?”

I ain’t no punk. I ain’t gonna hide behind the facts.

Who do you think shot you a year ago?

I know, but it ain’t nothing to speak on.

But you know who did it?

They know who did it.

They who?

The people who shot me. The people who had me shot. Everybody that know, know. But I ain’t worried about that. Peace on earth. I got a whole new clique, those niggas in Jersey. So I’m not gangbanging against the east side. I got niggas from the east side in my clique dissin’ Biggie just as hard as me. It’s niggas out there that he done wrong. As far as Da Brat, she’s opening her mouth getting into some shit she don’t want to be involved with. I wanna be the peacemaker, Kev. I wanna tell everybody to just stop.

When I talked to you before, you said “It’s gonna get deep.” What did you mean by that?

It’s gonna get deep, man, because… um, what the east is doing. They think it’s… I understand it. I’m from there. It’s really like unifying the east coast. Because it was really like, in a slump. But they’re doing it wrong. Cause they’re using the west coast as a rallying cry. And they making it look like we are the perpetrators of this big east coast / west coast thing. They never had no problems. They could come out here and perform and we clap. We go out there and niggas is booing. That Source Awards, that’s what start it. Not start it, but that Source Awards is what put it to a new level. They was booing. Me personally being from both coasts, but I represent the west coast, I think that’s disrespectful.

What about Suge making that comment about Puffy at the Source Awards. Wasn’t that kinda disrespectful?

No that’s not disrespectful. That’s his opinion and that’s real. All he was doing was saying if they tired of having a manager shake his ass in their video. We don’t do like that on the Row. That’s real.

But can’t that contribute to the whole east / west thing?

Not as much as it does when y’all niggas goin’ on the radio: It ain’t about west coat, it’s all about N.Y. Boo hoo hoo. Fuck the west, we the best. We started it. All them other niggas… I be listening! Suge has got the heart to say it in front of you. All these other muthafuckas been saying it behind our backs.

No comments:

Post a Comment